Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Mind's Eye - Challenge 21

I have to tell you that working with My Mind's Eye paper makes me happy!  That's why their sketch challenges this month were perfect.  The theme is "celebrate today," and that was easy to do with these papers!

What is better than celebrating a friendship with a card out of the blue - for absolutely no reason?  That's the celebration I tried to capture with this first project:

I've used Stella and Rose (Hattie) paper, chipboard, and ribbon.  The stamp and ink are CTMH.  You knwo I have to tell you that I finally purches a Scor-Buddy.  Boy does that really help in making rosettes!!  When I had it together, I used my Imaginisce de-stressing tool (great little invention!) to make the white core come out a bit.

Next, I wanted to work with a little Fine and Dandy:

This was Shane's 2nd birthday.  Such a little honey!  You know I work with patterned paper so much that this white background made me feel funny.  However once I added the clouds and gems for sunshine rays, I felt much better!  I cut the smaller clouds out of one of the sheets of paper in the collection.  The stars, letters, and large cloud are Fine and Dandy chipboard. I cut the sun, the number two, and the work birthday with my Slice (Fall and Parties cards).  The punch border is Fiskars upper crest. 

I hope you all are having a very peaceful and relaxing Sunday! 

8 comments:

Laurel said...

Gorgeous!

Jamie Harder said...

They are both amazing! Isn't it funny how we get used to our way of scrapping? I need tips from you since I feel funny about patterned paper most of the time...lol!!

Julia said...

Fantastic card and marvellous scrapbook page :D

Unknown said...

Love 'em. They both made me happy too!

Jen Allyson said...

oooh these are adorable! great job!

Shelley said...

Lovely card, they do have beautiful papers.

curlyqmosaics said...

Such a gorgeous card and fun layout! I love the colors!

Chelsea said...

Your layout is awesome.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...