Sunday, May 22, 2011

Grace

It's been very stormy in our area, so it's been a wonderful day to sit and scrap.  I love these lazy days when I can just putz and take my time on a layout.

We took these pictures last summer.  The young man, Caine, is my god-child, and my aunt and uncle, Esther and Chuck are my god-parents.  I thought it was a nice way to put things all together and create a keepsake page.

Since the beginning of the year, I have been working through my papers and buying just as little as possible.  It's unrealistic to go on a scrapbook spending freeze (I have heard of people doing this), because I just think our pages have to turn out the way we want them to look.  I was able to use up my Echo Park For the Record by cutting the flowers from one sheet.  I've had these Primas sitting around for awhile, and the last swirls of some Zva bling.  So not only do I love this layout, but I was able to use up some supplies!

Items used: Echo Park For the Record; Prima flowers; Charlene's buttons; Zva Bling; October Afternoon letters, and loads of pop dots

5 comments:

dstandard said...

Lovely page !! Love all the details

Laurel said...

What a beautiful layout!

curlyqmosaics said...

Beautiful layout, and that cluster of flowers is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

This is just so beautiful...the page and what it represents!

Nati Tristan said...

Brenda this is so nice! So very very pretty!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...