Thursday, September 29, 2011

Two Christmas Projects

I mentioned the other day that I have two projects in Paper Crafts Holiday Cards & More issue.  It is on the store shelves now, so I am able to share the full projects now!

First up is a a photo cube:


I painted the edges of this cube and then covered it with Bo Bunny Noel papers.  I am very traditional when it comes to the colors of Christmas, so this paper was perfect for my project.  Each side has memorabilia pockets in order to trade pictures from year to year.  That precious Santa face is actually from a piece of the paper.  Simple project but will be lovely on my Christmas table for years to come!

The second project is a canvas:


I have to tell you a little story about the creation of this canvas.  When I worked at Archiver's, my manager gave me a canvas and aksed me to decorate it for a store sample.  We had a drawer of opened product, and I just rummaged through that drawer to find bits and pieces that would work together.  I was always sad that I didn't take a picture of it, so from memory, I tried to pull as many elements I could remember into this canvas.  I misted the canvas with a light glimmer mist and then I went on to build from there.  The flowers are Prima, and they started out white but I sprayed them as well.  I just kept adding little detail until it felt done to me.  This, too, will be a pretty Christmas addition to our living room! 

I am going to pick up my copy of this issue today.  I just know it's going to be a wonderful issue with loads of inspiration!

4 comments:

Penny Kentosh said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G as always!!!! You are the most talented!!!! Love both of these projects and totally see why you made the cut!!! Beautiful, Brenda, just like you!

Unknown said...

These are both just stunning. But, I wouldn't expect anything less from you!

Lynn said...

Beautiful project Brenda! I will have to try the decorative canvas idea. Love how you changed the color of the flowers with mist.

Laurel said...

Wow, wow, wow, these are amazing!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...