Thursday, April 12, 2012

Stars Shine Bright

The Close To My Heart Convention is in Dallas this year, and I am SO EXCITED to be going!  CTMH friends + good teaching + creative time + loads of fun + new product = a very, very good time!!  A couple of months ago, CTMH sent a postcard in the mail, and I almost threw it away.  But it was such a fun postcard that I hung it on the wall and thought I'd save it for an album.  Well, good thing I did!  Turns out the postcard was for a contest that we can enter.  Even more fun - I love that CTMH creates so much fun for us!  So for this contest, we are to create a one or two-page layout using the postcard and 100% CTMH product.  I decided to make the first page in my Convention album.


I used Dotty for You paper.  Isn't it great paper?  Don't worry - less than a week till you can get yours!  I had some ribbon from a the 2008 Convention, and I used that for some of the trim.  The protector that you see is one of our Flip Flap protectors that is perfect for storing brochures.  It would normally go on the outside of the 12x12 page protector, but for the sake of picture taking, I have it directly on the page.  And if you were to use the flip flaps that way, it would be okay, too!

Three lucky winners of the Lasso a Stamp Set contest will win a stamp set from the Fall/Winter Idea Book.  No matter what - I sure had fun making this page!  I'm going to use a chocolate Quick Pik album for this event, and this contest motivated me to think about some other pages I can create ahead of time.  Back to my craft table!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a perfect layout. I love that you cut out the zig zags and cloud.

Lynn said...

This is sooo fun! Love how you popped the cloud! Wish I could be in that photo, maybe next year!

Marg Van Patten said...

I think we have a winner here! The countdown is on!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...