Thursday, May 24, 2012

May Stamp of the Month

You know, I have really grown to love the May Stamp of the Month - Friendship Bouquet.

I love the font and tenderness of the sentiments, but I have never been much for coloring.  I knew I would have to learn a little more.  And that was the key word - LEARN.  One of the things I love about being a paper crafter is the continual learning process.  So that is what I have been doing this month with this stamp, and I have really, really enjoyed it!  So much so, that I am going to be sharing what I've learned in a Color & Ink Blending Class at the end of June.  So watch for more details soon!


This is one of the cards we will be making in the class.  I don't use this color combination nearly enough, and I so love it!  The card base and matting are grey flannel, and I used a little grey Dotty for You as a layer.  I used ink, my watercolor pencils, waterbrush, and blending tool to color.  But I can't tell you how I did this because I want you to come and learn!

I'm off to close a couple of Gatherings and do a little Convention dress shopping today.  What a great day!  I hope you have plans for a good one!

3 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

I love the colour combo on this beautiful card! And the colouring looks AMAZING...what a beautiful stamp!!!

Lynn said...

Love this color combo Brenda!

Unknown said...

Soooooo pretty!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...