Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Color Ready Seam Binding and a Gift Bag

I have been wanting to put together a little picture tutorial of how to use our Color Ready Seam Binding.  It is such a nice product.  I love it because it is one ribbon that easily be 60 colors!  Let me show you how...

Start out with ink, a sponge applicator, and the color ready ribbon.  You can use any kind of sponge you would like.  I have been using the Tim Holtz applicator for many years and have grown accustomed to it.


In this next photo, you will see that I am pushing the applicator tool quite firmly into the ink pad.  It's all right to do that because both the tool and the ink pad can take it!


Now it's just a matter of transferring the ink to the ribbon.  You can make your ribbon as dark or as light as you wish.

I wanted to take this next photo to show you the ribbon up close and to show you that my fingers are clean.  When using this process to color the ribbon, it dries right away, and it can be picked up and used.

Now I'd like to show you why I needed the ribbon.


This is a gift bag from the Art Philosophy cartridge.  I cut it "fit to page" so that I could have the largest bag possible.  I've used Sonoma paper for this project - one of my favorites!  I fussy cut the scalloped border, and used my finishing files to distress all the edges on the bag with those and smikey plum ink.  I cut a tag with the AP cartridge and the sentiment is one of the matching stickease.  I finished this little birthday bag with a little bling by adding purple sparkles and a couple foundry pin clips.

I made this card for the distressing challenge at Heart 2 Heart and the birthday gift bag challenge at Papercraft Star.

12 comments:

Karrie O. - Sweet Paper Treats said...

OOOhh, I love this idea! Thank you for sharing. I've been wanting get that kind of ribbon for a while now and just haven't ordered any. This is perfect to able to match your color with your project! I use to sell CTMH years ago, haven't seen a catalog in a long time, so I will have to check out the one you have here! Karrie :)

Allisa said...

The seam binding ribbon is a must have! Love the embellishments. Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

Unknown said...

Awesome tutorial and scrumptious little project.

Laurel said...

Great little tutorial!

Jen Pittman said...

Beautiful project Brenda! Thanks for playing along at H2H!

Ros said...

Beautiful bag ... thank you so much for playing along at Papercraft Star this week

Eva Friesen said...

Beautiful!! How do you get glue dots to stick to the ribbon after you inked it? I am having issues with that.

Romaine said...

This turned out really pretty! I love the stickease used on the pins!

Haley D. said...

So so pretty! Thanks for joining us at H2H.

Lynn said...

Great tutorial. I will have to try this! TFS Beautiful gift bag.

Marg Van Patten said...

Thanks for the tutorial. This has been most helpful! Beautiful gift bag too!

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Great job on nailing the challenge! Thanks for playing H2H!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...