Thursday, August 9, 2012

Peace and Comfort

I am working my way through all the paper packets to create cards for my display boards.  Today I am working with the warm autumn colors of Flirty.


I made the card base and slide using the Cricut Artiste cartridge.  Let me tell you, I will not get tired of this cartridge any time soon! The goldrush paper and burlap ribbon really work well together.  The colors are very soothing to me, and I thought this would make a good sympathy card, so I chose a sentiment from the Words of Comfort set.  The challenge this week at Heart 2 Heart is to make a sympathy card, so I am entering this into that challenge.

Let me tell you about the leaves.  This is a new stamp set called Fall Harvest.  I really like the rustic look of the leaves in this set, and what I did was stamp one of them with New England Ivy ink.  From there, I sponged the center quite heavily with goldrush ink.  Using a lighter touch, I did the outsides of the leaves.  This  is the first time I've played with this set, and I am quite certain you will see it again and again!

9 comments:

Dena J said...

Lovely. My first stamps were leaves (company still DOTS then!) and I have loved the many leaf sets over the years. It is wonderful to see how fresh a look this is with green and goldrush.

Unknown said...

I love the way you layered the gorgeous leaves behind the focal point. So pretty.

Unknown said...

This is a lovely card...well done! Thanks for participating with us this week at H2H :0)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Brenda! You've made it even harder to be sitting here waiting for my Artiste cartridge to arrive :). Thanks for playing along with us at H2H this week. Hope to see you and your great artwork again next week!

Amy Moore said...

This is gorgeous, love the colors, love the details!

Wild Bluebonnets said...

I love the leaves! Perfect colors too!

Kristine Porter said...

Brenda, this is gorgeous! I love fall and these colors are perfect. I love the leaves and the burlap ribbon. Just lovely!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! The leaves and burlap are gorgeous. Hmmm... I might have to get that stamp set!

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at H2H.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...