Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Family

I am going to a scrapbooking weekend with two of my sisters, two nieces, and my mother-in-law.  I love spending family time together, and that's what I was thinking about when I made this card.


I love the exclusive colors in Avonlea - Avonlea Off-White, Avonlea Teal, and Avonlea Green.  I woke up this morning thinking that I hadn't made a criss-cross card in awhile, so I knew I wanted to create one today.  (Now don't tell me you don't wake up thinking about paper crafting some days because I wouldn't believe you!!)  The sentiment from the Family Tree stamp set is perfect for this card, and those Brocade Charms that match Avonlea are just gorgeous!  Of course, it was easy for me to add some rolled flowers, ribbon and bling!

Even when we're busy, it's really important to take a minute to stop and craft for absolutely no good reason. If you are anything like me, creating makes your soul feel good, and it recharges you for the day.  I love that about this hobby!

Come back this evening to find out the winners of my 500 follower giveaway!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Just beautiful! I love that sentiment, don't you?

Rosalee said...

This is gorgeous Brenda. I love the lovely papers and beautiful details. TFS
Hugs, Rosalee

Casandra Bennett said...

This is so pretty. I love the elegance of it and that sentiment is lovely.

Amy Hervey said...

Oh, how fun to spend a weekend like that with your family! Your creation is beautiful as always.

One bolt short of a toolbox said...

I love how it's so elegant.

Jan

Alyson Mayo said...

Another gorgeous card with the Avonlea papers! I haven't created this type of card in ages - maybe it's time to try one of these again. You have inspired me once more...

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I adore the Avonlea paper!I've never made this type of card before...do you have a tutorial?? :D

Marg Van Patten said...

This is absolutely stunning. There's so much "heart" in this card ... probably my favorite of all your recent artwork. Thanks for sharing your time, talent, and art. You are appreciated in so many ways.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...