Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Avonlea Beauty

I don't know what it is about this time year, but I always start digging through my stash to see what treasures I can find.  I start thinking about how blessed I am to be a paper crafter and that I need to use things up - most likely so that I can buy more!!

Well I found this unique shaped box in my "big box of stuff," and I decided to cover it with Avonlea.


I started out by painting the edges of the bare wood with grey acrylic paint.  I used Liquid Glass for the rest of the project (I really should have stock in Liquid Glass!).  It works well for adhering paper to wood surfaces, and it worked extremely well to bond the pieces together.    From there, I was able to decorate this in whatever way I wanted!


Avonlea lends itself well to a vintage look, so of course that called for rolled flowers from the Artiste cartridge and loads of bling!  This would be pretty to hold cards, mini albums (I am always looking for a place for those!), or letters.

What have you found in your "big box of stuff" lately?  Thanks for visiting, and I hope you  have a blessed day!

Pin It

1 comment:

Wild Bluebonnets said...

Beautiful Brenda! You have inspired me to step out of my box with the bling! Thank you.

One of my favorite things is taking some,thing old and making it new, so you know I love this! Nice find!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...