Monday, December 17, 2012

Thanks for Everything and An Invitation

Well, where have I been?  I keep losing track of time, and somehow my days are flying by!  If anyone of you knows how to catch time, you let me know!!

I sat down tonight with a sketch from Sketchbook Saturday.  Isn't it lovely?


I took out my favorite pieces of Clementine and got down to business!



I love clustering, and this sketch inspired me to mix all kinds of textures.   There are layers, a die-cut, ribbon, twine, canvas, a paper flower and fabric button.  Bling finished it all off and tied it together. I am always in need of thank you cards, and I love sending cards like this one.  Paper and all things that go with it can be such a gift!

I want to take a moment to invite you to watch my Rose Blossom team's blogs in the next few days.  (You'll find them listed on the right sidebar.)  Let me explain what's been going on.  In early November I sent out an invitation on my team's Facebook page to join a Secret Santa swap.  Several of my girls did, and I collected the names of all the favorite papers, colors, and candy from everyone.  I drew names randomly and sent each person their recipient's information.  Everyone has received their gifts, and they are almost all revealed now on our team group.  In the next few days, they will be sharing them on their blogs, too.  Really, you are so going to enjoy seeing everything that has been created!  This is one talented team that God has entrusted me with!  I am in awe of the ideas, generosity, and love each one of them showed through their artwork.  When people ask me about my team, I am always quick to say that anyone that joins the Rose Blossoms would be so blessed to join this team.  It has nothing to do with me - it is all about the camaraderie and support that is shared.  I feel very blessed - and most of the time - very humbled to call all these lovely women my team members!  So if you have the time this week, give these gals a visit and leave them some love.  You will leave very inspired!!

Pin It 

8 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

What a gorgeous card! I have wanted to use this sketch but haven't had time to get to it yet. Fabulous job with the layers and choice of colours - love it!

Alyson Mayo said...

What a gorgeous card! I have wanted to use this sketch but haven't had time to get to it yet. Fabulous job with the layers and choice of colours - love it!

Casandra Bennett said...

Wow! This is a great interpretation of that sketch. Love Clementine.

Marg Van Patten said...

You brought out the best in Clementine! Love this card! Thanks for the blog shout-out too!

Unknown said...

Such a beauty!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gosh, this is too cute for words! Love the colours and patterns you used, the embellishments, everything :)

Unknown said...

This is lovely! Love your clustering!

Unknown said...

Another amazing piece. Great job Brenda!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...