Monday, December 3, 2012

It is Christmas in the Heart

I am still working on my Christmas cards.  I keep telling my husband that I may have to send some New Year's card this year!  I don't know about you, but this year Christmas came really, really fast for me!  So I sought out some fun challenges and went about making another Christmas card.

What could be better than red and green for me to work with for a Christmas card?  And that exactly what Dynamic Duos, Pause Dream Enjoy, and CWC Cricut challenges wanted.


And then I found this GREAT sketch at Heart 2 Heart that is wide open for possibility!  


So here is what I came up with:

I decided to use some long retired Mistletoe scraps to make this card.  I love the look of vintage snowflakes in the red paper.  This is one of our diecut cards, and I love them because that flap is fun to work with!  I cut the snowflakes with the Art Philosophy cartridge, and I popped the middle one up to add some good dimension.  If you look closely, I put some bitty green sparkles around the snowflakes.  The sentiment is from the Christmas Card Chatter stamp set, and it's my favorite sentiment from that set.  But my favorite part of this card is the layered ribbon.  It is colonial white organdy and crocheted ribbon, and I will admit that I have been hoarding both of these for almost 3 years.  I've used them sparingly here and there because they are my favorite ribbons of all time - especially when they are layered.  The ribbon slide works well with the crocheted ribbon.

With all the snowflakes, this will also go into the snowflake challenge at Eclectic Ellapu.  

How is your holiday season going?  I'd love to hear about it!  I've already told you that I think time is going way too quickly.  I have so many ideas for classes and personal artwork, and I really need 36 hours in a day to implement all of them!  Thanks for stopping to visit today!

16 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

Gorgeous card! Love the details.

Patricia said...

Brenda, I love the vintage feel of this card. The papers are great and I love the little buckle ribbon slide. Very nice. Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this week!

Nancy Ball said...

What a great combination of papers for a wonderful card. Thanks for playing with us at H2H.

comopark1886 said...

Lovely, Elegant... Beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a truly beautiful card!

Wild Bluebonnets said...

Beautiful Brenda!

Scrapperchic said...

love the mistletoe paper, great card, thanks for playing along at H2H

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful and Fun, the perfect crafting combination! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Eclectic Ellapu!
Hugz,
Chana

Lynn said...

Such a sweet card! I love the red snowflakes too.

Anonymous said...

This card is Marvelous!!! It really is!! I will have to "lift" this. So many nice touches and elements!!

Amy Moore said...

LOOOOOVE! This is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely card. ;-) I love all the great texture and patterns it has, along with all the sweet little extra-touch elements you used. And boy, do I hear you on hoarding ribbon! (LOL) Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week. ;-)

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card, I love the snowflakes with the buttons in the middle. Gorgeous use of the colours, and lots of lovely texture. Thank you for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos.

lada_vl said...

Simply superb!!

Janis Lewis said...

Brenda, this is cool! Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...