Friday, March 15, 2013

Hinged Display Tray

One of the things I wanted to complete while I am here on retreat is this 5x7 Hinged Display Tray.


These are a few of the pictures I took while we on the beach in Grenada.  I used Tommy and the Tommy Canvas Shapes to decorate the tray.  This was our favorite port on the cruise, so I didn't want to over-do it and take away from the photos.  CTMH gave us a stamp with all the port names, so I stamped Grenada with outdoor denim pigment ink.

Now I brought home a water bottle full of sand from the Grenada, and I thought one of our clear treat tubes would hold some of it perfectly.  I squeezed a little Liquid Glass in the top of the tube so that it will be secure.  I also used Liquid Glass to secure the tube to the tray.

I know that Jerry will love this, and that makes me very, very happy to have finished it!

Pin It

6 comments:

Michelle Stewart said...

This is a great design.....thanks for sharing.....please also take a moment and check out our Cross Canada Blog Hop featuring the Hinged Display Tray.....you can start the hop with me.... http://mycreationswithmichelle.blogspot.ca/2013/03/march-1513-hinged-display-tray-blog-hop.html
I have posted a link to your blog on my facebook page....thanks!

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful! Even more beautiful in person :)

Unknown said...

Love that you used the Tommy on this tray. It is perfect for those pictures! Sweet little addition of the sand too.....I some Tybee sand in an olive jar. I need to do this for my love of Savannah and Tybee.....
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Linda Beeson said...

I love that tray, what a fun accent piece.

Unknown said...

So great...love the sand in the treat tube!

Marg Van Patten said...

Love how you let the photos shine through on this tray. It really does "feel" like the ocean ... open, airy, and refreshing!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...