Friday, March 15, 2013

Thank U

My friend and downline is on the Cardabilities Design Team, so I wanted to play along with her first challenge reveal.  The sketch is great:

and this is what I came up with using the Claire paper packet:


The "U" is a color resist letter from the Houndstooth Alphabet, and I used the Artiste cartridge to cut the flowers.  Color ready seam binding is always a favorite of mine, and I colored this peace using a sorbet alcohol marker.  The banners are from the Noted Canvas Shapes, and the flower is from the Wooden Mini Medleys.

Thanks for stopping by again today!  I am getting a lot of fun stuff done this retreat weekend!!

Pin It

14 comments:

Adriana B said...

Fabulous card, thanks for playing along at Cardabilities :)

Cathy McGrath said...

So glad you joined in. I love your embellishments, especially your flowers. A great take on the sketch Brenda!

Unknown said...

This is delightful.....I love the sorbet! You rocked this sweet sketch!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Lynn said...

What a fresh, springy card! I love the way you lined up the large flower on the Claire paper. Thanks for playing along at Cardabilities!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Cheerful and bright! Love your color palette! Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities.

Karen Day said...

Love this, Brenda! Great take on the sketch :o)

Unknown said...

Lovely card Brenda!

Unknown said...

Love it...and I love that you matched up the flower. It's little details like that that make such a big difference!

Vera said...

Beautiful card!
Love the Flowers,

Thank you so much for playing at Cardabilities!

Vera

Teresa said...

Very beautiful card, love the flowers and how you did the print in the back... cute, cute, cute!

Marg Van Patten said...

The "Cluster Queen" strikes again ... beautifully!

Jo said...

This is lovely!

Adriana B said...

woo hoo , congrats on the feature :)

Adriana B said...

woo hoo , congrats on the feature :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...