Saturday, April 27, 2013

24 Years Old

That is how old Shane is today.  24 years have passed, and I feel like it was the blink of an eye.   Shane was born into the world talking like crazy.  It was a very determined baby chatter, and I couldn't believe it!  The nurses told me that they had never seen a baby talk like that. He's still determined in everything he does, and he is working on recognizing his purpose.  He is coming to spend the day at home today, so I am sure I will have a lot of pictures to scrap.  This is the card that I made for his birthday.


Something I've always tried to impress upon Shane is that we have the choice to make every day the best day ever.  So this seemed a very fitting sentiment for his birthday.

I'll be working on Caesar salad, roasted asparagus, and beef stroganoff for Shane's birthday meal.  He requested funnel cakes instead of the traditional birthday cake, so that will be fun!  I've not made them before, and I am looking forward to it!

Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope you have a blessed weekend!

Pin It

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Wonderful card and so happy that Shane is home for a bit!

Marg Van Patten said...

Enjoy this day ... it's sure to be one of those "best days"! Shane is going to LOVE this card, it's beautiful!

Lynn said...

What a perfect card for this celebration. I am sure you are enjoying this day and making the one of the "best ever". Happy Birthday to Shane!

Kristine Porter said...

Beautiful card-- perfect for the occasion. Happy Birthday, Shane!

Unknown said...

What a GREAT card!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...