Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Don't Forget Your Retired Stamps!

I don't know if you've noticed, but I have been sharing cards that I have created with stamps.  I want you to utilize the stamps you buy.  They aren't just great accent pieces, but they can make a whole card!  One of my favorite sets is It's Your Day.  It was a double set and the September special last year.  I know many of you have it!  It's one of the trendiest sets and works great for any type of paper crafting.  Today I combined it with the April stamp of the month My Sunshine (which I also know many of you have!) to make this accordion card.


You can find the pattern for this card fold HERE.  Really, it's so simple, but so genius!  I love the way the fold creates a scene for the card.  Here's another view:


It fold flat, but I've used some wooden embellishments and foam tape so it's going to take an extra 20 cents to mail.  I love when I find a pattern that makes the card a gift in itself!  The sun, cloud (Surf's Up paper), and banner were cut with the Artiste cartridge, and I've added a little washi tape.  The colors I've used for stamping are Slate, Creme Brulee, and Ruby.

I am going to enter this card into the Colour Q color challenge, Card Mania spots and/or stripes challenge, and the Inkspirational anything goes challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today - and dig out those favorite retired stamps!!

Pin It

10 comments:

Sheila H said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing the template.

Casandra Bennett said...

Beautiful! I have been playing with some of my retired stamps lately, too. I have a few favorites I just can't part with.

amcgrew said...

I LOVE this, Brenda! I am totally going to make some for those special to me!

Lynn said...

Fun folds and negative space cut outs...hmmm, we were thinking alike. I love this card. That is such a fun set to get out for summer cards, thanks for reminding me about that.

sandie said...

love this folded card, really creative! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

Shauna said...

This is so fun and beautiful! The fold is so unique and I love the dots along the bottom. Great use of washi tape and your sun is fabulous! I am so glad that you joined us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Yvonne Garner said...

Great card! Love the fold and colors used. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!

Mynn xx said...

This is so very clever! LOVE the gorgeous colors and patterns and the fun scene you created! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

Unknown said...

Brilliant!

Ruth M said...

Wow Brenda, what an amazing card, such fun! I love the colours and the scene you created! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inkspirational! Ruth x

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...