Friday, September 27, 2013

God Was Painting

I have spent all afternoon doing what I love....playing with paper and embellishments for no good reason at all.  I just had this photo developed, and I couldn't wait to sit down and scrap it.


I wanted a really rugged layout where I could still have a few delicate touches that would sync with the hummingbird.  I used a lot of paper from my stash that is discontinued (Claire and Scholastic) along with Ruby and Saddle cardstocks.  Sanding is really the biggest technique on this page, and I liked the effect that gave the whole layout.  The photo mats, arrows, and "discover" were cut with the Artbooking cartridge.  Those photo mats are actually mini album pages, but they worked out perfectly for this.  I added Antiqued Gold buttons and brads, Burlap Ribbon, Hemp Twine, Mocha Gems, and Wooden Mini Trinkets for embellishment.  There's a lot to the page, but I am glad that the photo remains the key focal point of the layout.  I am an avid bird watcher, and the furthest I have to go to watch them is on my deck.  We are blessed to have many birds in our yard and several that are willing to pose for me!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope that you are looking forward to a great weekend!

Pin It

4 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

This is gorgeous. How did you capture such a beautiful photo? They move so fast. As I sit typing this out, my little girl is hiding under my desk eating one of my chocolates that she stole. And she has the audacity to ask me not to tell her brother where her new hiding place is. LOL

Amy Moore said...

Such a beautiful layout, perfectly showcasing your unbelievable photo!

Unknown said...

This is a gorgeous layout with an amazing photo. You have an eye for catching the birds while in action. Love that this picture is the focal point.

Pam said...

Wow, Brenda what an amazing photo!! And such a beautiful layout to showcase it!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...