Sunday, September 1, 2013

New Challenge at Sketch N Scrap

 There is a new challenge at Sketch N Scrap, and we'd love for you to play along!


This is a perfectly lovely sketch, but I will be the first to admit that I had a very hard time with this one.  It forced me to step outside my box and create in a way that I am not used to.  For that very reason, I was thrilled to work on it and stretch my creative muscles.  I decided to grab some pictures that I really love and make a page that just makes me happy!


These two men in my life make me happy.

Very. Happy.

Rather than telling you what products I used or how I made this layout, I want tell you something else.

These photos were taken in 1994, and Shane was just 5 years old.  Jerry was taking him fishing with his Mickey Mouse fishing pole.

Grasp every single moment you can with your children.  

They grow up.  Way. Too. Fast.

I know that's not a popular thing to say right now as I have seen all kinds of articles from young mothers that are tired of hearing it.  I heard that when I was a young mother, too, but it didn't bother me.  I always kind of looked at that at "Titus 2" encouragement and learning from the mothers that went before me.

So let them be little and enjoy every single moment of their running and playing (and fishing).  You never know where your children's lives will carry them, and it's very important that you never take your time with them for granted.  They are such little blessings from God.

Thanks for stopping in today..and remember to make every day your best day!

Pin It

3 comments:

Casandra Bennett said...

Awe. That was very touching. I'm feeling sad today that my babies start kindergarten and 2nd grade tomorrow. Last day of summer vacation and I am having to work and clean house, but at least I'm at home with them today. Wishing summer hadn't flown by so fast.

Lisa in Texas said...

Brenda, you layout is lovely as always! I so know what you mean though, my son is turning 16 and I am just starting to get it! It is so bittersweet, so excited for them and what lies ahead but you hate to let them spread their wings at the same time!

Cindy said...

So adorable.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...