Thursday, January 2, 2014

January Stamp of the Month - Cross Stitch Wishes

Even if you don't like to sew, I think you will love the January Stamp of the Month, Cross Stitch Wishes!  


I don't very often take out pink in my craft room, but I really wanted to make a Valentine's Day card with these pretty stitches.


I used blush ink and the "XO" stamp in the set to create background on the lower portion of the card.  I took out cotton candy ink to stamp the sentiment box, banner, and hearts.  On of my favorite products is retiring at the end of January - the color ready seam binding ribbon.  It is a plain white ribbon that easily colored with ink.  I simply used a sponge dauber and cotton candy ink to create this beautiful pink ribbon.  I had a piece of pink cotton lace in my stash and fit perfectly on this card.  The grey rose is from the slate mini medley collection, and I finished off the card with some sparkles on the banner.

I hope that your new year is starting out most blessed!  Thanks for stopping by today!

Pin It

4 comments:

Tamytha said...

Stunning (as usual)! Simply gorgeous, Brenda! Love how you used the xo to create a background paper. I really hate to see the seam binding retire!

Sheila Bennett said...

Sweet card with the soft pink color.

Adeline E. Brill said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful! Itis so elegant yet simple in its own way.

terryanndiack said...

Loved your card so much I had my girls make a variation of it. You can see my version on my blog http://terryanndiack.blogspot.ca/2014/01/january-sotm-sew-special-card.html Not quite as nice as yours, though.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...