Friday, July 4, 2014

Halloween Shadow Box for Operation Smile Auction

This post is a little out of season, right? I'll give you a some background on my story...

I was asked to be one of the Creative Presenters for the Close To My Heart convention.  What an honor, but oh, how scary!  It will only be fitting then that I was given our new Scaredy Cat paper to work with! (You will see this paper debut on August 1st in the Annual Inspirations Idea Book.)


You are going to love this new shadow box because it allows you the ability to add depth to your project.  I used the Artbooking (overlay, spider, roses) and Artiste (rosettes) cartridges to create this piece.  There are a lot of other little details in this frame - stamps, stickease, ribbon, enamel stars, and flourishes.


I have to tell you that I am not much of a "preparer" when it comes to speaking.  I am more of a "fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants" girl.  I just determined that instead of being nervous, I was going to teach to those 500 people just like I teach at home.  Because of that, I had a super fun time doing what I love!  I hope the people that attended the presentation felt like they learned something, too.

At the end of the Convention, the winning bid on this proect was $275!  It's takes $240 to do a surgery, so I am very, very happy that this work was able to help at least one child.  Thanks be to God!

I was also so thankful to work with my fellow presenters - Lisa Stenz, Beckie Lehman, and Pamela O'Connor.  What beautiful, caring, and artistic women!


Look for more Scaredy Cat projects in the days ahead.  I promise I'll wait till closer to fall when we are thinking about Halloween!  Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Pin It

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Beautiful!!

Lynn said...

This piece was stunning! So much detail. I would say that that is the cluster of all clusters! So proud to see you presenting!

Amy Moore said...

I'm such a Halloween fan and your frame is the perfect spooky decor!! What an awesome display!

Alyson Mayo said...

Scared? You were FABULOUS! All your artwork was spectacular (or should I say "spook-tacular"). Great ideas, hints and suggestions! And it was so good to see you up there presenting - you did such a wonderful job :)

Unknown said...

Your project is over the top adorable. Love all the detail and depth. I agree with Lynn...we were all so proud of our Brenda! Beautiful work.

Jes said...

Hi Brenda,
This was one of my most favorite projects at Convention! WELL DONE!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...