Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Picture My Life Cards

I am not a pocket scrapbooker.  I definitely see the usefulness of pocket scrapbooking.   I would have LOVED Picture My Life when Shane was growing up.  It would have made my scrapping life a lot easier, and it would have gotten a lot more photos in books.
HOWEVER...
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Picture My Life program for so many other reasons!!  
Throughout the rest of the month, I am going to show you projects made with the Picture My Life program, and not one of them will be a pocket page.  
I firmly believe that this system is for every type of paper crafter!  
With eight themes (and 5 more coming in August), there is sure to be a program that fits your needs.

Today, I have one of our 6x6 display canvases using the Avonlea Picture My Life program. (I also think that some favorite discontinued papers come back to life!)


I love this quote, and it's an especially good one to remember if your family is going through something difficult.  I simply attached a card to some Avonlea paper that I had in my stash and used Liquid Glass to adhere it to the canvas.  I also had some slate ribbon and a cameo from the Avonlea assortment in my stash, so that was an easy finish to the project.  15 minutes, and I have a lovely piece for our living room!

Before I leave, I am going to say something about hoarding your supplies...USE THEM!  I promise that with every new Idea Book, Close To My Heart is going to have more pretty ribbons and embellishments and paper.  That was the end of my slate ribbon, but I am glad that I used it on this project.  Allow yourself to pile, cluster, and create with what you buy.  Truly, I know you will love the end result!

Pin It

3 comments:

Patti said...

You're exactly right -now I just have to take your advice and use it up!!
Beautiful work of art!

Unknown said...

That's beautiful! I can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

Love the card and the sentiment is beautiful!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...