Saturday, August 23, 2014

Love much. Laugh Often. Live Well.

I am back for my second day of Embossing Folders.  Today I want to show you partial embossing.


I've used the damask folder for this card.  Do you notice that there is no embossing where I've done my stamping?  Let me show and tell you how I've done that.  Let's go from left to right in the photos.


Do you see that I have put my paper partially in the folder?  In order to get it straight, I used my versamat and washi tape to measure across, and then I ran it through my embossing machine.  That leaves my paper partially embossed as shown in the second picture.  I calculated how much room I would need for my sentiment, and then I flipped the paper around and repeated the first step.  Pretty easy, right?!

With that pretty embossing, all I needed to do was add a butterfly (cut from Artiste) and a little ribbon.  I thought a charm my be a cute embellishment, and this bow is from the Craft Queen Base & Bling set.

Thanks so much for stopping in today!  May your day be most blessed!
Pin It

4 comments:

Morgan Vogt said...

Awesome technique! I will be trying this!! (and of course, an absolutely beautiful card :)

Life and Knits said...

Elegant and lovely.

Susie

Lynn D said...

Such a good idea. Can't wait to try. Lovely card.

Unknown said...

Awesome technique! Will be trying this soon!!! Beautiful card as usual too! ;)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...