Saturday, December 27, 2014

Thinking of You

It is very, very hard to make a card for someone when they have heard bad news or if they are suffering a terrible loss or illness.  I decided today to let the colors of our paper and Artfully Sent do the work for me.  This is one of the pop-up cards.


This glacier blue paper is from Seaside, and I used the simplicity of kraft to bring peace to this card.  This is a 5" x 7" card, and I've used three keys to create this card.  The majority of the card is from the "t" key on page 15.   I found the butterflies on the "r" key which is page 14.  I wanted to finish off the front of the card, so I used the pocket card on the "r" key, too, sizing it to 4-3/4".  

One thing about making cards for someone is that it gives me time to think about and pray for that person.  Next time you are making a card for someone, think about that, and think about what a special gift you are giving the recipient.  It's not just paper glued together, but a mixture of love, thoughts, and prayers.  I have ALL of the handmade cards I have received in photo file boxes.  Maybe it sounds crazy, but it's like opening a box of blessings!

I've got one more to show you tomorrow, so if you have a chance to stop by, I'd love it!
Thanks for your visit today, and I hope you are finding your day most blessed!

Pin It

3 comments:

Debbi Fournier said...

Lovely card Brenda.

Desire Fourie said...

Brenda this is just stunning with the brown and aqua. Love the butterfly on the front and the scrumptious surprise on the inside.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Very pretty, Brenda! Have a wonderful new year of inspiring papercrafting!
:) Marie

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...