Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Oh Boy!

I have spent an over excessive amount of time the last two days working on this layout.  It's not that it's overly phenomenal (other than the subject and product!), it's just that these are photos of Shane from 1993.  Whenever I go back to the little boy days, I tend to linger, fuss with the embellishments, and spent a little time than normal just thinking on that time in our life.


I haven't had much time to scrapbook lately, and it felt good to sit down with this gorgeous paper and these oh-so-cute photos.  Memory keeping is the reason I started my journey into paper crafting.  I love to make cards and create decor and gift items.  However, memory keeping is still where my heart lies!  
You don't see any journaling because I often will journal on the back of my layouts.  That blank 12x12 canvas gives me a lot of room to write my thoughts, and it keeps it somewhat private.  Shane knows that I do that, so it won't be a big surprise to him one day.

Product used for this layout that can be found on my website:
Adventure Paper Fundamentals
Adventure Paper Fundamentals Complements
Black Fundamentals Assortment
Black and White Daisy Cardstock
Blue Shimmer Trim

(Cricut cuts used from Cricut Design Space are from the Boys Will Be Boys cartridge.)

Do yourself a favor and pick up some paper and create.  It's really, really good for your soul!
Thanks for stopping in today!  

Pin It

4 comments:

LeaAnn said...

Such a lovely layout, Brenda!! Thanks for the inspiration. I especially like your thoughts on journalling on the backside of the layout.

Unknown said...

It seems that when you create a layout with your kids or Grandkids, your mind is not only creating, it is remembering and reminiscing about what was going on at that time. This layout is precious. Love the pictures of Shane as a little boy and your titles are amazing. Beautifully created with lots of Love!

comopark1886 said...

Your layout really caught my eye! Just the right amount of cutouts without distracting from the pictures! Great job!

Karen Day said...

What a great layout, Brenda! And your titles are amazing!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...