Monday, January 18, 2016

Team Builders and My Meraki



I returned from Salt Lake City yesterday after spending 2-1/2 days at the Close To My Heart Team Builders conference.  It is an amazing gift from Close To My Heart, and it is filled with rich knowledge, business ideas, great friendships, and artwork.

One of our artwork projects this year was Meraki.  Have you heard of it?  Meraki is to do something with your soul and with love.  We were given a piece of white daisy paper, a piece of watercolor paper, and paint brushes,  When we reached the table, we were able to choose from a dozen stamp sets, markers, and watercolors to create our own Meraki.  It was an exercise in putting ourselves and who we are on paper.


I went right for the floral stamp set Blossoming Expressions and the butterfly set Your Beautiful Self.  I stamped the images with Memento ink, and used light watercolors.  I felt like the finished page really was putting my personality and creative style on the paper. 


Meraki was really a freeing exercise.  I think the light colors emulated my somewhat introverted personality.  If you have that quality, too, I think you know exactly what I mean.  The clusters of various flowers without perfect placement, represent my creative style.  The butterflies?  Well, I think they show freedom in being just who I am.  

Try your own Meraki!  Don't copy mine or anyone else's, but rather put yourself on paper.  If you do create one, let me know.  I'd love to see it!!

Pin It

1 comment:

Morgan Vogt said...

So beautiful! I think this definitely represents who you are - kind, quiet, loving, caring and lovely inside and out.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...