Sunday, July 10, 2016

Love This Life

Have you noticed our Picture My Life Watercolor cards?  They come in Gold or Clear for easy watercoloring, spritzing, or sponge inking.  In case you have no idea what I am talking about, these are cards that have glossy designs that resist ink.  I love them because it's so easy to make a beautiful card.


I used watercolors on this card.  Basically, I used created a wash with water and paint.  Because that leaves the card very wet, I had my heat gun handy to dry the paint.  Something really cool happens when you do that.  The heat gun blows the wet paint around and leave effects like you see at the bottom right of the polka dot card and the top right of the "love this life" card.

When I create one of these cards, I like leaving them really simple.  I used a little long retired organdy ribbon and a few gold sequins.  That's all it needed!

One thing about watercoloring is that no two projects will ever be the same.  The paint almost has a mind of it's own.  And I love that about watercolor.  Each piece of artwork is truly unique!

Thanks for popping in today!  I appreciate your visits!

3 comments:

Jeanie B said...

Beautiful Brenda! Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I never think to use the PML cards for card making - will have to dig them out and try this! Thanks for the great ideas and tips :)

Unknown said...

Soft and gorgeous!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...