Monday, March 27, 2017

Lilacs and Mother's Day

The sun is out today, and I was thinking about my lilacs.  It's still well over a month until they bloom in our part of Minnesota.  I always love when I can cut lilacs for the house.  They smell so good!

So I decided to put together a Mother's Day card using the lilac cuts on the Flower Market cartridge.


I used Pansy, Thistle, and Fern cardstock for the flowers and Kraft for the vase.   The print paper is from the Whimsy Fundamentals.  I embossed the white background with the retired Dots folder which is now in the Clearance section on my website for just $3.15!  You'll also find the Thistle twine there for $1.75!

Let me show you the use of the clear shimmer brush on the flowers:


That little bit of shimmer adds a whole lot, doesn't it?

Thanks for stopping in today!  I hope your day is blessed!

Pin It

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...