Monday, March 6, 2017

Swirly Seashells

I love this stamp set, and I was so happy when Close To My Heart made a set of Thin Cuts to match!


Let's start with the background:
I used my watercolor pencils to create the background.  This is really easy to do by lightly coloring the paper.  I started with the Desert Sand pencil at the bottom.  I followed with the Ocean pencil, and then I used Crystal Blue for the sky.  I simply used my medium flat waterbrush to create a wash over the watercoloring.  Let the paper dry or use your heat gun to dry.

Shells:
I used three different watercolor pencils to color the shells - Citrus Leaf, Desert Sand, and Crystal Blue.  Instead of using a waterbrush to blend, I used the Gold Shimmer Brush.

The sentiments are from the Nature's Wish stamp set, and I used some gold glitter gems and jute ribbon to finish off the card.

The Swirly Shells bundle is available this month at 25% off for $23.96.  This is a fabulous buy!!
Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I always appreciate your visits!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...