Friday, June 23, 2017

Enjoy Your Adventure

I hope you are doing great!  I am so appreciative when you stop by to visit.  I took out some more No Worries to work with today.  I love this paper!


I used watercolor pencils to create the backgrounds on the paper.  Let me tell you how I did that.  The woodgrain paper has grey tones, so I need to give it more of a traditional wood look.


I simply colored the paper (rather sporadically) with desert sand ink.  It works best if you do this by using the side of the pencil.  There's no need to color the whole area because you will blend it out with the water brush.  As you can see, my isn't perfect - and chances are that yours will look completely different.  That's the beauty of watercolor.  Next I grabbed another piece of subtly printed paper to create the other piece of the card.


Again, I colored the paper with watercolor pencils.  I used desert sand for the sand and crystal blue for the ocean/sky.


After blending out the color with the water brush, I stamped the bottom of the piece with the sand image from the No Worries Cardmaking stamp set.  I used desert sand ink for the sand, chair, sentiment, and starfish.  I used glacier ink for the umbrella.

I finished off the card with the woodgrain sequins and natural burlap ribbon.


I hope you've learned something new today.  Now, go to your room and create! 
 It's good for your soul.

Pin It

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and awesome tutorial!

~Michelle said...

What a beautiful card!! Thank you so much for the tutorial! What a great way to think outside of the box!

Risa Filbey said...

Stunning card! Can't wait to try these techniques, Brenda :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...