Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Thank You

I don't remember if I told you or not, but I was asked to be an Extravaganza teacher at the Close To My Heart Convention.  I am so excited!  And that's what I've been doing in the last few weeks - creating artwork with product that will be released to Consultants at Convention in two weeks.  It will go live to all of you on August 1st!

Today I wanted to create something for you.  So I thought a thank you card was appropriate!  You hang in there with me when I am absent, and you come back to me when I post.  I really appreciate you!

For this card, I made a Sea Glass card base.  If you need some more Sea Glass, be sure to order it soon!  Sea Glass is our color of the year, and it is retiring on July 31st.  Don't wait till the last minute because it could very well sell out!


Let me tell you how I colored this rose from Keep Dreaming.  I used Shinhan markers to achieve this look.  I colored the edges of the petals with Cerulean Blue, and then I filled the petal with Pastel Peach.  To achieve the depth, I went over the whole flower with Cerulean Blue again, and then I blended the petals with the colorless blender.  I did the leaves in a similar way, using Sap Green on the edges and Leaf Green over the whole leaf.

The grid paper is from the Enchantment Fundamentals (retiring July 31st!), and the sentiment is from a retired set called In Bloom.

Thank you so much for visiting me today!  I really appreciate the time that you spend here!

Pin It

1 comment:

Tarina said...

Brenda, this is BEAUTIFUL! I love how your artwork can be both bold, and soft at the same time. You are amazing.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...