Monday, April 12, 2010

Purples & White

I saw a color challenge on The Play Date Cafe, and I couldn't wait to sit down with these colors!


This picture reminded me of my lilac shrubs.  It will be about a month when they are in bloom, and I spend a great deal of time out on that side of the lawn taking in all the fragrance.  I have all of these colors of lilacs the white being a Japanese lilac tree in the middle of the front yard.  When those big beautiful white flowers bloom, I smell them all over the house.  I'll be sure to share pictures this year!  Anyway, the card I came up with is a sketch from Just Add Ink and the idea of bows from Our Creative Corner.

Except for the white ribbon, all the product on this card is CTMH.  I random stamped the big flowers on white daisy cardstock.  I stamped them in petal ink and rolled them in pansy purple.  It gave a very nice color!  then I just used a paper towel and sponged petal ink between all of the flowers.

12 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Very pretty! Love the sentiment. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Irena said...

Lovely card, I love it, it's so elegant :)

Suzanne C said...

Lovely soft background and such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with PDCC this week!

Danielle Daws said...

Oh, this is so lovely! The bow is so full and elegant. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Unknown said...

This is so very elegant! I love lilac too. your random stamping and that big yummy ribbon are fantastic! My lilac is beginning to bloom right now. I'll think of you when I enjoy the delightul fragrance!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Scrappin With Tammy said...

Beautiful card, Brenda! I love it!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Brenda! Love your stamped background! Thanks for playing at the PDCC!!

Ruby said...

Very pretty card! It looks so elegant, and the bow is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe this week! :o)

Sarah Anderson said...

gorgeous background :) thanks for playing along at the play date cafe :)

AJ said...

Love it to bits. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink! xx Amanda

Unknown said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL card! Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner.
-Dana

Michele Gross said...

What a gorgeous card! It is so soft and elegant, just lovely!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...