Sunday, June 6, 2010

Minnehaha Falls

I have had these photos sitting on a shelf for a couple of months now.  I wanted to scrap them, but I just couldn't find the right paper.  I ordered some Passages last month from my CTMH consultant and I just couldn't believe how lovely it is.  These are just the colors that I love to work with!  By the way, this fits into the Heart 2 Heart challenge which is simply to pull out the CTMH products and scrap!  What a great challenge!! I started with a Page Maps sketch that is being used over at Let's Scrap for a monthly challenge:



These are pictures from when we drove to Minnehaha Falls in March.  The thaw was particularly beautiful this year, and I am so glad we went on day that we could capture all of the "snowsicles."  I used CTMH Passages Level 2; CTMH Antique Bronze brads; Spellbinders circles and scalloped circles; CTMH Barn Red marker; Making Memories Think Pink card (leaves); Fiskars Upper Crest border punch; Tim Holtz vintage pins; random jute

If you haven't visited yet today, be sure to scroll down for some altered artwork!

12 comments:

Irena said...

Wonderful layout, lovely details :)

Unknown said...

Brenda,
THanks for you thoughts and prayers for my Gran. She is very bruised and still sore. SHe goes for more tests on Monday.
I love your take on this sketch!!!!! I really hadn't liked that paper until now!!!! Thanks for the incredible inspiration!
Blessings,
kim xXx

Mary said...

Beautiful layout and photos. Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Lori Miller said...

What a beautiful page! Great use of the paper and embellishments.

The Closet Crafter said...

Beautiful layout! Everything just goes together so perfectly! Thanks for sharing it with us, glad you could play along this week!

Jayma Malme said...

This is gorgeous! The paper you used is perfect for your photos...and love all the brads down the side. Love that sketch, too!

Marji Clubine said...

I agree with Jayma - GORGEOUS is my first reaction! Thanks so much for sharing!

Fern said...

WOW, Beautiful layout and photos!!!! Great job with the sketch!!! Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love PageMaps, don't you? Thanks for joining H2H this week!

Jen Rubio said...

Wow, what a stunning page! I LOVE how well the passages papers compliment your photos so nicely. THANKS for inspiring me!

Unknown said...

This is amazing! Your details are incredible! Congrats on being a Friday Five!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making the Friday Five! I enjoy your artwork so keep it coming!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...