Sunday, June 6, 2010

Bird House

Today I sat down to make something for fun.  I found these little wooden bird houses at Jo Ann's the other day for $1.00.  I picked one up and thought I'd give it a whirl.

Now if you are thinking the painting looks messy and distressed - well, yay!!  I accomplished what I set out to do!  First I painted the house will an antique white acrylic paint.  When it was dry, I used some Melody Ross Homespun Chic to cover it.  I covered the edges with Peeled Paint distress crackle paint, and when it was dry, I sanded it down to get the antique white to show through here and there.  Some assorted embellies was all I need to finish it off.  Just a fun craft project for Sunday afternoon!

5 comments:

Laurel said...

OMG,this is absolutely beautiful!!!

Laurel said...

Forgot to add you need to put it into something for publication!

Dawnll said...

This is so beautiful sweetie! Love those flowers on there. Would look lovely anywhere.

Rufus said...

Great job, it's really cute. Love the scrapbook page on the next post too.
R/

Irena said...

This is very beautiful and gorgeous. Lovely idea, wonderful flowers, beatiful papers :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...