Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thank You...

I am blessed with so many lovely and wonderful people in my life.

I have a husband that truly surprises and thrills me over and over again. It's not just that he spoils me (and that he does), but I look forward to every chance I have to spend with him, talk with him, and sit down with him. And golly - we've know each other 19 years! Love just doesn't ever have to end or become stale...

I have the most incredible son. At 19, he is secure and confident - and what a fine example for everyone. Shane is good to people, he is kind, and he loves beyond measure. This kid of mine baked four batches of Christmas cookies the other night, and I truly loved watching his patience. I am so glad he learned there is a kitchen and home to come to at the end of a long day's work...

I have four amazing sisters. Each one of them is unique and different from the next - you would think we would be similar! But no, I can name several different qualities about each one of them that make me love each one of them. My prayer and hope is that every day they know how amazing they are...

I have a wonderful mother. At 73, she is still working and loves it. I always remember her working, but that was okay. I still learned so much from her - how to be strong, have a good work ethic, and to budget my money. And my Mother never missed bringing me to Sunday School. She made sure I was raised in my faith...

I'll continue on tomorrow....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog site Brenda!
I love seeing your creations.
Sounds like you have the right idea about the holidays...being thankful for the awesome people we've been blessed to have in our lives.
Thanks for sharing, Marg VP

Brenda said...

Marg!
I'm so glad you stopped by!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...