Friday, February 27, 2009

The Arm of the Chair

I wouldn't think it would be most comfy place in the house, but for little Chanel, it's probably the one where she can see the most action.

I don't catch this honey-faced little sweetheart in too many quiet poses, but she loves looking out the window. After all the snow we had yesterday, she's busy watching the neighbors snow blow their yards.

It's been a year now since we lost our Springer, Coltie. I didn't think I could ever give my heart to another pooch again. Coltie was our pal for over 12 years - and he saw us through some pretty rough things in life. Not to mention, he was absolutely the best dog in the world.

So there was a part of me that didn't want another dog in the house. then Shane brought home this Beagle. This untrained, barky, full of energy Beagle chews, digs holes and chases my poor Sassy cat mercilessly. OH my. And guess what? I have fallen in love with the ears, the face, and the warm nuzzle - depsite all the bad habits that we are working on breaking. She just needs love and exercise and play time and discipline. And someday, I'm going to be able to say she's the just the best beagle anyone could ever ask for!

4 comments:

Laughsalot said...

Very cute picture.. We have talked about getting a dog, but we just can't see doing anytime in the near future, but I would like one. As for Ryan.. I don't think he wants one.

Brenda said...

I don't think our house function right without a dog! It just wasn't "right" around here after we lost Coltie. We need that beast in our house. :)

Tina Sutton- Missgingerdots said...

Oh my gosh... Daisy does this too. But she sits on the back of the couch and barks at everything that walks by. TOOO CUTE! She is darling. I love her spots!

Tina

Brenda said...

Tina, you know hard it has been for me to be without a dog. She is worth taking the time to train!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...