Thursday, May 28, 2009

Joy

I read and re-read a small book called Today is Your Best Day by Roy Lessin. Here is a nice passage for today,

"The joy that comes from God gives you strength. A joyless person is someone whose strength is depleted. Joy invigorates, motivates, and inspires. Joy is like energy that flows through you to lighten your load, renew your zeal, and quicken your steps of faith. Joy is the strength in your legs that helps you stand firm and steady in times of trial; the power in your arms that enables you to hold onto God's exceeding great and precious promises; the rejoicing in your voice that speaks forth the victory of the Lord over area of your life."

2 comments:

Patti said...

That is how I feel some days-like my strength has been depleted. Like I can't hold myself up one more minute. Sometimes I just wonder why things have to be so hard for us. It's an emotional time in our lives as it is, but why do we have to go through it with a dark cloud over our heads. It's frustrating-especially this week....but I know I just gotta keep the faith...

Brenda said...

Oh Patti, I hope this passsage helped you then. And there is something you need to know about yourself. You are never a joyless person in my eyes - you bring me great joy! Life is hard, and I think what the author was telling us is that we have to find our joy in the Lord. Things and people will fail us, but that joy from the Savior never will. You are a blessing to me, dear sister.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...