Monday, May 18, 2009

New Color Me Monday Artwork

Jeanette Lynton's Color Me Monday color challenge is just great! I love that she opens up her palette and gives us new ideas every week. I may not even put these colors together! Now, if you haven't checked out her blog, go to www.jeanettelynton.com.

I really loved the picture of my sister with grandsons. The colors this week are Indian Corn Blue, White Daisy, Sorbet, and Taffy. I've used all CTMH on this layout:
  • Indian Corn Blue Cardstock
  • Sorbet Cardstock
  • White Daisy Textured Cardstock
  • Sorbet B & T
  • Indian Corn Blue Ink
  • Sorbet Marker
  • Picture Perfect Word Puzzle Stamp Set
  • Taffy Organdy (this has been discontinued)
  • Sorbet Designer Ribbon
  • White Daisy Bigger Brads
  • Dimensional Elements Perennials
  • Fancy Cuts Botanicals
  • Window Charms - Circle & Square
  • White Daisy Button
  • Indian Corn Blue Waxy Flax

The lines you see along the edge of the Indian Corn Blue, Sorbet B & T, and Sorbet Cardstock were done with the Scor-Pal. I just love that tool in my craft room. It's fast and easy to use. You score on the backside, flip the paper over, and then you sand. Isn't that a nice, easy look? You can also achieve this by using your scoring blade in your cutter or your embossing stylus in your cutter.

I took a close-up of the three dimensional elements at the bottom because I wanted to share a little tip. When you are grouping three larger elements like this, try popping one of them up with foam squares or pop dots. It gives your layout a lot more character and draws a lot of interest to that spot.

This is the dimensional element at the top left corner. The dimensional element is flush to the page, and the fancy cut botanical is flush to the element. I popped up the round stamped image and then covered it with a circle charm. Fun!

I hope you enjoy these tips and ideas! They are little things that add much to your pages and cards. Hopefully you'll think of them as you're crafting and enjoy what you've learned here!!

4 comments:

Linda said...

I love the page Brenda - I am going to have to steal the idea - did you print the picture in a 5 x 7?

Brenda said...

I'm glad you like the page since you are the focus!! I printed the picture in 8x10 and cut it down. That sorbet worked out great with Logan's shirt color.

Jamie Harder said...

Cute layout!!! I love that picture:) and the color combo is awesome!!!

Kristina said...

I love it!! What a perfect picture with the color's and layout!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...