Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Thinking of Graduation Cards?

I love this template for gift cards! It is an adaptation of the Scalloped Money Template in the 8 x 3-1/2 cards (Originals book, of course!). Scalloped edges look kind of "girly," so if you want your card to be for a boy or a man, you can cut those extra scallops off and make it straight. If you want more of a Graduation sentiment (or any kind of sentiment for that matter), it can go on the bottom left of the card. You'll want to keep balance by putting it on the opposite side of the hemp knot and also keeping the sentiment short.

Aren't those brads in the button fun? I pick up magazines like crazy for inspiration. If I have learned one good thing from it to pass on, it has been worth the pennies flying out of my wallet! That particular special issue magazine has been sitting by my craft desk for over two years. It's dog-eared, worn, has My Stickease marking pages, but it's got a place of honor next to my CTMH how-to books. I think it's called (and you'd think I would know this for sure), "101 Things to Do With Your Scrapbooking Supplies." I have learned so much from that magazine to share. I have a couple more from Memory Makers that are like that, too. Anyway, that's where I learned the little brads through the buttons!

In this care I've use all CTMH supplies:
  • It's a Guy Thing Level 2
  • Be Happy Stamp Set
  • Desert Sand Ink
  • Natural Hemp
  • New England Ivy Bigger Brads
  • Colonial White Craft Buttons
  • Pewter Brads

No comments:

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...