Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Bouquet from My Yard to You






The Wisteria on my trellis is in full bloom, and I want to share it with you. It's just so lovely and such a huge blessing that I can't possibly keep it to myself!


The thing that is interesting about Wisteria is that it is not supposed to grow well or bloom in the northern states. The green house warned me that it would only be something "green" for my front trellis, but nothing more. Oh gracious, were they wrong! From the first year I have been overjoyed to find big, wonderful blooms droop from the trellis. The vine itself has grown on to the house and grabs on to anything near. It loves the beautiful south sun and front of the house.
After the Wisteria are done, I will peek a little more closely. I am quite certain there is a nest in the trellis again this year. What a perfect dwelling for new baby birds!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Wisteria. Yours is gorgeous. I'm glad you didn't listen to the people at the nursery.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this beeutiful Wisteria with us! I love flowers. I'm glad the green house was wrong about your climate! Enjoy your weekend!
blessings,
Kim xxx

Scrappin With Tammy said...

How beautiful, thank you for sharing with us.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...