Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge - Be Inspired #36
























This week's Cuttlebug Challenge is to make a masculine card. I immediately thought of my "You" embossing folder for my husband, and I picked out some of his favorite colors and ideas to work with.

The embossing folder has words on it like crazy, wise, faithful, strong, big-hearted, kind. I consider my husband all of those things and so much more!! (Just don't tell him I think he is wise - he already beats me at every trivia game!!)

I picked out black accessories to match the desert sand paper, and I am wondering if you can tell that I've made a transparency card. This is how I assembled this card:

  • First, I wrapped black hemp and spiral clip around the embossed desert sand piece.
  • Next, I used two glue dots on the left side to attach it to the inside of the transparency card.
  • Then the black ribbon around the whole of the card. That easily covers the glue dots.
  • The sticker is rested on a scalloped circle (nestabilities) and glue dotted on the front of the transparency. Glue dots can then go on the back inside to more securely hold the embossed piece.
  • The inside piece is secured with a glue dot vellum sheet. These are amazing and do not show through transparency. So the back of the card looks clear! I've got a sticker on the inside that says "Just Relax" and I've tied black ribbon along the length.

Hope you've enjoyed. I know this is one my husband will love!

12 comments:

Jenn K said...

So great to use his favorite colors and everything!! Lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us on the cuttlebug challenge blog

Selene Kempton said...

Super cute! Awesome job!

Allison said...

great card, your dad will love it
Thanks for playing this week
Cuttlehugs
AllisonX

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, Brenda! He will absolutely adore it. I love all the little touches you added to it!
Blessings :)

Karen said...

Fabulous card! Love the slight distress and the embellishment. Thanks for participating in the challenge.

Karen
www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

OH! This is a WONDERFUL card... love it...and love the sentiment...HUGS..SK :)

Rosemary said...

Why don't I have the folder??..Love how you used it and your embellishments are perfect!..thank you for taking the challenge at cuttlebugchallenge!

Brenda said...

Oh, it means so much to me that you are all loving this card! Thank you so much! I was truly inspired by my sweet hubby when I was making it, so it was great fun to create! Rosemary, get the folder - it's so versatile to use!

CathyC said...

this is lovely! another folder on my wish list!

Maggie Lamarre said...

Great card, luv that folder now I gotta go get this folder.
Thanks
Maggie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

June Houck said...

Cool sticker! I thought you used JustRite stamps. I like your choice of embossing folder for your dh :) Good luck with the challenge!

Meda said...

Wow! This card is awesome!
Thank you for joining this challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog
Meda

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...