Monday, June 29, 2009

Michelle's Color Challenge

Over at Creative Scrappers, one of the designers, Michelle, is having a color challenge. Her son picked out 4 markers in the colors he wanted us to work with. These are pictures from a long time ago that I had not scrapped yet. (See, even an avid scrapper isn't necessarily "caught up.") This is my Shane at just 14 months old in 1990. Isn't he adorable?

I used paper from a few CTMH paper packets. The Sunflower is from Animal Cookies, the Dutch Blue is from Stardust, the Tulip is from Perfect Day, and the Outdoor Denim is cardstock. I take no credit for the idea of mixing! My good friend Karen has been teaching me through her artwork that you can mix it all to gain your look. (Check out her work!)

The ghost letters are from SEI, the ribbon and brads are from CTMH, and the clear buttons are from Buttons Galore & More. I used Liguid Glass to adhere paper to the back of the clear buttons to help them match the layout and give them a more interesting look.

We're liking this layout in our house - even Shane! I hope you pick up a technique or two by looking! As always, click on the layout to make it larger.

2 comments:

Jamie Harder said...

Great layout!! I love how you managed to get so many photos on there!!! That pocket is super!

Anonymous said...

cute layout! i'm so glad you played along with the challenge. i especially love the tags with the photos at the top of your layout. :)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...