Friday, July 10, 2009

1 Picture, Many Pages Contest


Kristine over at Creative Scrappers was having a contest. The idea was that she would post the picture we had to use in the layout. You might think that wouldn't be fun - or you might even think that you have enough of your own scrapping to do. However, this is a GREAT challenge! It opened a door WIDE with possibility. I absolutely loved it!

The first picture I showed is part of the bird on this beautiful Penny Lane paper. When I finished the layout, the bird was chirping to be covered with Liquid Glass, and so he was! I also gave him a gem for his eye.

In the second picture you get a little bit of the picture we were given. SO cute! What is better than two kids walking hand in hand without a care in the world? And I wanted to make that expression of love and caring the focus. It was easy to do with a matching Penny Lane frame, a Square Window Charm, and a covered chipboard arrow.

Finally, here is the complete layout. I used Penny Lane paper to double mat the picture, and then I gave it a two-sided scalloped edge. The bird was not complete without gems all through his tail. The other accessories to this page are buttons (felt & craft) with waxy flax through them (one also has a safety pin), ribbon, big brads, and edge anchors to hold the ribbon in place. I cut the tag "beauty" in a shape that I felt really matched that proud & beautiful bird on the bottom.

This was a fun challenge!! These layouts were kept secret until today and Kristine will post them for the participants of the challenge to vote on. I really like that we can't vote for ourselves. It is good to see beyond our own work and really critique someone else's! I am anxious to see all the others so I can take my time to look and vote.
If you are a scrapper and are not familiar with Creative Scrappers, you should really check out their blog. I have so much looking at others work and learning from them. I also love how they challenge us with new ideas and new products!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What an absolutely gorgeous layout. I love all the details on the bird and the two sided scallop frame.

Unknown said...

Brenda, your little bird is just amazing. I agree, he just called out to have bling in his tail and liquid glass on his wings. The frame and the way you wanted the caring relationship to be the focus is so sweet. Another fabby layout from you! I also hope you are enjoying your trip...mine ends on Sunday :(
Blessings,
Kim xXx

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...