Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired #41

Yippee! I love the Cuttlebug Challenge this week! It is altered items from recycled items. I think I've mentioned numerous times how much I like altering. So much fun!

My husband will bring home unused quart-size paint cans for me every now and again that they are going to throw out (one of the perks of being married to an auto body painter). I've got them stacking up, so here was a perfect opportunity. I simply clean it out really good and went to decorating.

This fun paper is from a K & Company pad. Oh, it's so cute! I took a piece that has a movie theater theme. By the way, this project only took one sheet of paper! I cut some circle with my nesties. I ran the one through the Cuttlebug in the Swiss Dots folder right away. That ended up on the top of the can. I stamped the other three before running them through the Cuttlebug. The tickets were a part of the paper that I cut out and stamped. I popped up the front tags with some dots to give the can dimension. A little ribbon and a doorknob on top finished off the can.

We went to Target tonight and my husband bought peanuts to fill the can. I am quite certain this will sit on his table by his chair!

11 comments:

Cassie said...

how awesome to have a supply of them! love the handle you created too! thanks for joining us this week! good luck!

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

You have made a great tin.
Likes me completely very much.
Annette

Michelle said...

oh brenda! this is adorable..and how lucky you are to get those awesome paint cans to have fun with!
This is a wonderful challenge project!
TFS! and Thanks for playing along this week at the cuttlebug challenge blog!
michelle.
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Brenda your project is `gorgeous`..
love those K&co papers...
I can see it sat there next to your hubbie..
Thanks for joining in with the
Cuttlebug Challenges..
terrie
http://cuttlebug.blogspot.com/

June Houck said...

Very creative...especially the lid! Good luck with the challenge :)

June Houck
Proud DT member @ Cuttlebug Challenge blog
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Je@net said...

What a lovely tin, great project!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Such a great tin! You've did a wonderful job with this challenge!

Thanks for playing along with us!

Hanneke,
DT member @ Cuttlebug Challenge Blog

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Very nice work with the challenge! Love your project!! :) Great blog too!!

Randee E said...

So cute and so fun! Great project!

Angie Tieman said...

How adorable!! Great way to use up those cans, lucky you!! That knob on the top is sooooo cute, love it!

Thanks for playing along!
Angie Tieman
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

Kim Sonksen said...

Awesome! What a wonderful project

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...