Monday, July 20, 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge #40

I love my bug! It is such a versatile tool in my scrapping room. Don't think that just because it's portable you can only use it on cards. Oh, there is so much more to this little machine! If you haven't already gone there, check out the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog. It's not only for challenges, but WOW, there are great tutorials. I am glad I found this blog!!

Anyway, this week, the challenge was to use the Textile Folder. I really like this one because it is so elegant. Let me tell you what I did.

I ran the folder through the bug on grey flannel paper. To give it mroe of a pop, I lightly ran my Versamark Pixie Dust chalk ink over the top. That is why it appears pink! Then the frosting on the cake - I spritzed it with Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist. I also sprayed the two flowers - CTMH and Bazzill to give them a shine. The grey paper mounted on baby pink is just perfect with the pink organdy. I used a "Love" rub-on on the button and topped it with a pink gem.


These are such fun challenges! I have learned so much, and I am waiting for the new folders to come out. There are sneak peeks on the blog of the new product!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such an elegant dainty little card. I love all the technique you put into it. I'm in love with my bug too! I had DVR'd scrapbooking on HSN while I was at the lake. Just watched it yesterday. There was a world launch of 11 new folders.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Cassie said...

so very, very pretty! love the white and pink! thanks for playing at CBC! sorry it took so long to get by here! can't wait to see what you do this week!
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...