Tuesday, August 25, 2009

19 Years...The Love of My Life

Today is mine and Jerry's 19th anniversary. Oh, he is the love of my life! We met on a blind date, and three weeks later, he asked me to marry him. People said it wouldn't last, but here we are 19 years later!
There are so many reasons I love this man more and more every day. People don't believe me when I tell them that Jerry and I don't argue. But it is true. He is so easy-going, and he has taught this Finlander to be much more easy-going over the years! He helps me to see that whatever may happen, it is not the end of the world. Jerry has stood by me through every illness, surgery, or difficult physical time I've gone through. Truly, many people may have walked away. But those wedding vows - "in sickness and in health" really meant something to him. Jerry is a strong father. Adopting Shane when he was barely 3, he has loved him and taught Shane so many things. What an amazing quality in a husband! He has truly shared life with me in these 19 years, and I love him more and more every day for that. Jerry is my best friend, my soulmate, and the love of my life. Happy anniversary, honey!

4 comments:

Michelle H. said...

Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary. What a sweet story!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your story! You sound like me with my Ben! He's my Honeybee and has always stood by when and the only time he wasn't he was carrying me! I hope you have a terrific evening!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Dawnll said...

Happy Anniversary to the two of you!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...