Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cards and Movie Day

I was able to spend the WHOLE day in my craft room today. I purposefully made meals in the last couple of days that could be reheated. Yippee! As much as I love to cook, I really like days in my craft room. Jerry was out muskie fishing for a part of the day, so all was okay.

I've got Netflix, so I was able to stream movies over my laptop and just work away while I crafted. This first card is my husband's favorite. This is new paper coming out from CTMH, and it will be available on September 1st. It is called Grace, and it is warm and wonderful. I love paper packets that have a sheet with strips. It's so versatile for adding to artwork. That's simply all this card is - two matching sheets of paper, a matching stickease, some random ribbon, and a Martha Stewart daisy. It's a very nice pattern from CPS.


The second card I created today was a really fun pattern from Inspirational Card Sketches. Oh, that was a fun pattern to work with! I flipped this pattern, and I brought the sentiment to one of the boxes. it allowed me use this beautiful gold organdy that I purchased from Paper Source. Again, I chose to work with more Grace paper. The flowers are Prima, and the brown sparkles are from the dollar bin at Michael's. I used a sentiment from the Faith, Hope, and Charity stamp set from CTMH.


The last card is my favorite. It's simple and very understated. I didn't use a pattern yet brought things together fore Penny's Challenges. She wanted us to create with flourishes so I grabbed my Playful Petals stamp set with lovely flourish. I added some pearls to it along with a Prima Natural flower. The sentiment stamp is one of the favorite that I own. It is from a discontinued set from CTMH. More pearls along the bottom and some CTMH chocolate organdy. This card can be used for just about any occasion!

Now that I've explained the cards, I wanted to share a little about one of the movies I watched today. Have you seen "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas"? It is about 2 young boys that become friends through a concentration camp fence. It was heart-wrenching to watch this movie, and I found myself watching more movie than making cards. I cannot fathom how or why Our Jewish culture was persecuted in this way. What I will say is that I am proud to be American, and I am blessed to be free. If you have a chance to see this movie, I highly recommend it. I know it will move you.

12 comments:

Fink said...

Love how you turned the sketch sideways! Nice job!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing thses most GORGEOUS cards with us. Brenda, I love all of your work, this is over the top! These are the most beautiful cards I've ever seen. Wow, the first two really showcase the new papers! Oh, I love it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with Penny's Challenges, and we hope to see more of your creations in the coming weeks!

Penny said...

Your cards are gorgeous. I also like the ribbon!!! Thanks for participating this week :)

Laurel said...

Wow, beautiful cards Brenda!

Unknown said...

I love the third card too! All of them are great, but I am really drawn to that one. I have not seen "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" yet but it was also recommended to me by my daughter. It's on my 'must rent' list.

wendipooh13 said...

wonderful card, love how you switched the sketch on the side, gorgeous ribbon!! way to go on the IC card sketch this week!!

Anonymous said...

I love your beautiful cards and might I just ad what a beautiful photo on your Blog hEADer..
What A beautiful opening to be greeted with:)
Thanks for joining in with the ICS this week..
Enjoy the rest of your week:)x

Sandy said...

I like the sideways ICS; it looks rich with the ribbon and embellies.

CraftyC said...

Lovely cards, very pretty. Thanks for joining ICS!!
Clairex

Dawn♥ said...

Brenda Rose your cards are absolutely GORGEOUS. I love that you turned the ICS sketch and made it work for your stunning card. Lovely job! Thanks for taking the time to play along with ICS this week. :)
♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I love your card! it is so beautiful and elegant. . sorry I am late commenting. Thanks for playing along with us at ICS

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...