Sunday, August 23, 2009

More Paper from Italy...

Oh, this is such beautiful paper! When I saw this sketch from Inspirational Card Sketches, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I paired the paper with CTMH Bamboo and Indian Corn Blue cardstock. I stamped transparencies with Versamark Wheat chalk ink. In the next image, you'll see this up close. It is sometimes a dilemma on how to attach transparencies to your artwork. On this card, I used Bamboo Edge Anchors. (Other times I have used Glue Dots vellum sheets - that works well, too.) Now, I needed to highlight the beautiful paper - not hide it. That's why this sketch was perfect. I added a some flowers and a hat pin. I have someone in mind for this card, and I hope she likes it!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Delicious paper! Your eye for these sketches is amazing! I love how you used the big flower in the middle. Oh what a stunning card!
Blessings,
Kim
BTW, I need your mailing addy, I have somehting I want to share with you....

Dawn♥ said...

Oh Brenda Rose it's absolutely BREATHTAKING!
Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to play along. :)
♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

Vicky said...

Such a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at ICS this week.
:)xx

Regina said...

beautiful! love the colors. thanks for playing along at ICS

Liz Weber said...

Hi Brenda, your card is just amazing, that colour scheme is very striking. I just love that you could join us again at ICS!

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Brenda, great colour combo. Thanks for taking part in this weeks ICS
Clairex

Anonymous said...

Rose Your card is `beautiful`I love that pin TFS:)
Thanks for joining in with the ICS..:)x

Kim Costello said...

A Gorgeous card Brenda, just love your take on this weeks sketch and the colours and flower are fantastic!!!

Thanks ♥ for joining us this week, HuGs Kim :)

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh How Lovely!!! That paper is amazing! So glad you were able to join us at ICS this week!

wendipooh13 said...

soo pretty just love the large center flower!!! great job with the IC sketch this week!!!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...