Monday, August 17, 2009

Use Up Those Scraps!

If you go to Practical Scrappers this week, you'll find that the DT created layouts using scraps this week. This is the DT layout I submitted - and yep, it's all scraps! I'll tell you some more about it.

First of all, those pictures are priceless to me. Those are pictures of me at 1 and 2 years old. In the center, I put a picture of my Shane at 18 months old. This layout will go in my heritage book.

I used scraps of Emporium paper from CTMH. You know, those 1/2" - 1" pieces you cut off that you don't know what you'll do with anyway if you save them. That is how I created the background for the pictures that actually looks much like a piece of paper from that packet. The elements on the top of the page are pieces that I saved because they are big and interesting. I didn't know I would be making patterned paper from them at one point, but that's what these scraps did! Covered in Liquid Glass, these make a very nice top to the page. All the mats and little pieces of cardstock came from my scrap basket. You have one, don't you?

I challenge you this week to make a layout completely from scraps. When you are done, post it with Mr. Linky on the Practical Scrappers blog. Let everyone see your fabulous work!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brenda, this is stunning! I adore these two papers together. Your photos are precious, so is the idea to add Shane's. You created a beautiful page for your heritage album.
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Laurel said...

Wow, fabulous! Your card is perfect and that layout, wow!

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...