Friday, September 11, 2009

3 in 1

#1) Look at this lovely set of cards! I received these in the mail yesterday from my generous friend Kim. What a wonderful thing to get mail - and a gift of cards! (You know we are so used to making them, aren't we?) I love to get handmade cards in the mail! If you have not been to Kim's blog, head over there. She is a fabulous artist, and you will LOVE her work! Kim, thank you so much for this wonderful mail!! You are the sweetest, and such a dear friend. The Be Yourself stamps set is one of my favorites!!

#2) I spent some time making Christmas cards for Cards for Heroes yesterday. This is such a wonderful cause. I first found it when I was looking for a place for my extra cards. Our troops love getting cards to send to their loved ones. I thought I'd get an early start on the holidays. CFH site is down right now - they are preparing for a blog birthday party! But please, check them out in the next few days, bookmark them, and if you ever have a bunch of cards you can't use, this is a really great cause!

#3) My last part of this post is a design by Inspirational Sketches. This was a fun sketch to work on. With the layering, it left a lot of room for possibility.
I used Roam paper from K & Company. Along with that I added some CTMH rub-ons ( I love the Sugar Pie sentiment!), a Prima natural flower, Crystal Sticker pearls, and some random ribbon. Seems like a good fall birthday card for someone special!

How fun to have a 3-in-1 day! I love it!

9 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow, all these fabulous cards you have been posting! Love them!

Unknown said...

Gifts of cards: one of my favorite small pleasures in life.
Cards for Heroes: a wonderful cause and I'm so proud of you for taking the time to make these for them
Your Sugar Pie card: Sweet and Yummy!

Michelle H. said...

Thanks for reminding me about Cards for Heroes. I made a bunch of extra Christmas cards last year and held on to them. I think I'll donate them to CFH!

Vicky said...

Great take on the ICSketch as always Brenda, many thanks for joining us. :)xx

Liz Weber said...

Hi Brenda, thanks for joining us at ICS this week, so glad you could share this stunning card with us - it's so pretty and girly and just lovely.

Unknown said...

You're such a sweetie too! I'm glad you liked them. Thanks for your sweet friendship! Your Cards for Heros are perfect! I love the envelopes too. Your Sugar Pie is just adorable. Love that yummy paper. I like this blog look!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Anonymous said...

Your card is `beautiful` Thanka for joning in with ICS
Enjoy the rest of your week:)x

wendipooh13 said...

such a pretty card, love the fun bling too. great job with the IC sketch this week!!

Dawn♥ said...

Oh my goodness Brenda Rose these cards are all gorgeous. Love your take on the sketch from ICS. Thank you for joining us at ICS! :)
♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...