Monday, September 21, 2009

Fact or Urban Legend?


All rightie. You are looking at an egg balancing on my kitchen cupboard. It stayed that way for quite a while. That is until Jerry knocked it over!
They say it's an urban legend that this will happen on the autumnal equinox. But here it is - as plain as the day I tried it as an science experiment when I was homeschooling Shane in 5th grade. I could go on with a full Science lesson about this, but suffice to say the gravitional pull is such that an egg can stand on it's end. This will work on the vernal equinox in the spring, too.
There is no tape on the egg. There is nothing holding it up - well except for the gravity part. It's just a very fun experiment to try on those two days of the year. And now my homeschooling science days really are done!! LOL!!

2 comments:

Dawnll said...

I find it funny that you still remember, I always say I never keep information for very long.I am impressed

Unknown said...

So cool! I have never heard of that.

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...