Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Six Cards...4 Pieces of Paper

I had several sketches in hand today, and I decided to make it even more interesting for myself. I had four different patterns of Basic Grey Porcelain paper. I want to make 6 cards with that paper. Furthermore, I wanted to keep the cards simple using one key ingredient - Liquid Glass. So you will see 6 simple cards made from 4 sheets of paper with few embellishments. Understated and pretty cards (hopefully you will think so, too!) that are useful for many occasions. Here goes!
This first 6x6 card is made with a chocolate card stock base. I've used browns, yellows, an pinks to create this for a Basic Grey challenge. I love BG paper, and have always told my "peeps" at Archiver's that BG can never go wrong! On the card you'll find matching alphas for Porcelain, dry embossing, and flowers cut from my Slice. I put Liquid Glass in the letters to give them some pop, and I also put it on the circles on the top sheet. Very fun!
My next card is a simple card using a Get Sketchy sketch. This card would be great for almost any occasion. I used the TLC stamp set, buttons, and swirl clips from CTMH. Oh, the base is made from one of the 4 sheets of paper!


















This card sketch is from CPS. Isn't it a great sketch? It's versatile and easy to work with. I've used the Gracious Greeting stamp set and Big Pink flower from CTMH. The other flowers and leaves are from Prima. Liquid Glass went on the petals of the Big Pink.














The next sketch from Card patterns is also a lot of fun. As you can see, I rotated the sketch. From CTMH, I used a retired stamp set and pink organdy. That gorgeous flower is from Prima. Again I put Liquid Glass on the dotted paper, and you will find some on the flower. As with the previous three cards, the base is made from a part of the 4 sheets!







How easy is this pattern from The Sweet Stop? I loved working with it, and I could see a lot of possibilities for any size card. I rounded the corners of the BG base. The CTMH is a discontinued set. I've also used pink organdy, sparkles, and buttons from CTMH.


The last card is a sketch from Clean and Simple. This is the card that made me think "simple" for all my cards. What a fun, quilty sketch! So that you know, this is a 5x5 card, and my squares are 1-1/2 x 1-1/2. I cut four of each pattern as the center is the base. Easy! Guess what? There is Liquid Glass on these dots, too! Along with the sentiment, the organdy and pin are from CTMH.

Challenge yourself to do something like this. I've made six cards today for a total cost of about $1.75 each. I have to tell you that most of my cards cost a lot more than that! I am a heavy embellishment person, but I know that Liquid Glass is cost effective. It was a good trade on these cards. Let me know if you challenge yourself in this way. I'd love to see the finished product on your blog!




11 comments:

Pamela said...

Great cards! Love your take on the CPS sketch. :)

Unknown said...

Oh Brenda, You have been a busy girlie!!!! Your cards are just amazing! I adore each one of them. I love all those papers. Your use of liquid glass is just perfect. I must say, I am loving the new "Fall" look of your blog!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are just dripping crafty goodness, can you send some my way!
Thanks for playing with us at GETSKETCHY!

Laurel said...

Wowie! Busy girl! They are all just gorgeous!

Dawnll said...

Just had to say I love the great changes to your blog, my favorite colors for Fall. Boy sweetie you have been so busy.I love all your takes on the sketches...sounds like your addicted like me. I have piles stacked up of all the sketches I print out in hopes of completing!!!

Dora said...

You have been busy, love your take on the Get Sketchy challenge!
thnx for playing!

Penny said...

All of these are great, but I really like the first two the most!

whoistracy said...

Wow, you have been busy! Love all the basic grey you used- their paper is just fabulous. Thanks for joining us on CP this week.

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous cards...great challenges and I love that you challenged yourself on top of the other challenges!!! Thanks for playing with us over at Get Sketchy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, great cards :). thanks for playing along with The Sweet Stop sketch. This week's sketch is up and we would love to have you join us again! It's a fun one!

Hugs,
Korin

Anonymous said...

These are all wonderful! I love the Basic Grey papers, and it's fun to see so many different cards made from them. Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stop this week!! :-)

New Book, New Look!

Sometimes it just that time to make a change.  I've had this blog you are visiting for 12 years!  Wow, that's a lot of post and a lo...